Sunday, August 21, 2011

Maine


I love Portland, Maine. I know, its kind of secluded from the rest of the country and no one has really ever been there, but I have and let me tell you, it is beautiful. The food there is top notch for such a small city. There is this spot on the East End where you will be driving along a house-lined street and suddenly you reach the edge of this huge hill where the only thing in front of you is the harbor and all sorts of sailboats perched. It is probably my favorite spot that I have ever been my whole life.

Ben lived in Maine for a couple of months. Before I could finalize my plans to move there, we had to come back home. We both miss it every day. Today I miss it the most. I've been thinking a lot about the beautiful loft we had with a fireplace and ocean views and a simple wide open kitchen. Today we found it for rent again on Craigslist starting in October. All I want to do is pack up our stuff as soon as possible and go back! It is so tempting to leave everything here for that beautiful sea-town with wonderful restaurants and free thinking people. Ben said we can't go back to Maine yet but I am going to wish and hope anyways, just in cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment