Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Indiana



I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Megan. I grew up in Indiana, went to college in Indiana and have many friends in Indiana. For whatever reason, new experiences appeal to me, perhaps more than the average person, because when I graduated college, I spent six months in Indianapolis and with every passing day I needed to get out of here a little more. I ached to feel new things, test my limits, meet new people with free spirits who weren't afraid of leaving their comfort zones, and to just prove to myself that I could do it all. So I packed up my bags and moved to Brooklyn.

Brooklyn was the best decision I have ever made.

I spent just over three amazing years in the big apple and I will tell you this: there are just some things that are more important than where you are and what you do. One of those things is who you are with. Needless to say, I fell in love. And for whatever reason, in order to be together at last afters two years of a long distance relationship, I moved back home to be with my love.

Sigh, it is hard to do the one thing you've done your whole life after accomplishing the one thing you were afraid of doing your whole life. I couldn't be more thankful, or happier to be here with Ben, but I miss New York everyday. It is time to make the most of the situation I am in. Indiana, you mean well, but you've got some work to do, and I'm here to help.

picture above is at my favorite bakery in nyc, taken by a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment